It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 am

Text Size

MiceCast Special Edition #002 - Playing with New Toys

Talk about anything related to MiceCast here.

Moderators: AaronsPod, Mike, JohnDUB, Mr. Mark, WEDWay

MiceCast Special Edition #002 - Playing with New Toys

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Your hosts gather on the patio at Trader Sam’s to test the Kungalooshes and some new portable recording equipment. As you can guess, it is not the most polished production. 1 hour 28 minutes.

Direct Download Here:
http://www.micecast.com/micecast_se_002.mp3
Listen to MiceCast at:

http://www.micecast.com

or

The Naval Air podcast at:

http://www.navalair.net

Mike
The New Sheriff

Re: MiceCast Special Edition #002 - Playing with New Toys

Postby Captain barbossa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:42 am

Glad to hear the micecast 'ole boys back :thumbsup:

Hahaha klingon xmas music? interesting combo :)
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.” —Walt Disney

Meandro sopra!
Captain barbossa
Meandering Mouseketeer

Re: MiceCast Special Edition #002 - Playing with New Toys

Postby Captain barbossa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 am

The audio you played from a Walt Disney Biography, its called Walt Disney: The triumph of The American Imagination by Neal Gabler. I got this book back in 2007, just when it came out, actually have two copies of the 600 page book. This book really got me going back in forth because its just surprising from the other biographies seen out about Walt these days. Gabler, he is a very detailed man and he sure really went through the stories step by step. At first, it just felt a bit overwhelming reading through these statistics on the movie. But now, its clicking through chronologically because it explains scene by scene with what happened with Gunther Lessing, his relationship with arthur babbit, the strike, and the war going on. Some of these events were not even described in the other books of Walt Disney. I see a theme with Gabler: he looks at the detailed aspects of Walt's and the disney company itself in the film business. I am currently in the part where Walt finished his tour in South America during "El Grupo" days. You know, this is a different side of it when Gabler describes it.

so far, its very interesting and different from what you see presented by the likes of others. :) I will have to keep continuing and then afterwards, I really want to read Bob Thomas's version. The discussion on this episode has to be the most interesting. I love the discussions about Walt and the stories expressed from these authors, including you guys.
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.” —Walt Disney

Meandro sopra!
Captain barbossa
Meandering Mouseketeer

Return to MiceCast