It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Text Size

What size do you want your Big D video

Talk about anything related to the Big D Video Podcast Episode & Single Rider Podcast here, ehh?

Moderators: AaronsPod, Mike, JohnDUB, Chreestopher, Mr. Mark

How big would you prefer the HD size video?

853 x 480 (current 480p)
42%
1280 x 720 (720p)
37%
1920 x 1080 (1080i or 1080p)
21%
960 x 540 (540p)
No votes

Total votes : 19

What size do you want your Big D video

Postby Chreestopher » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:10 pm

Please help me in deciding on the size of the video. Remember there is only so much storage space and the bigger video the bigger the file size. If I go super Hi-Quality there might only be one episode per month versus 2 - 3 per month. Also consider you computer monitor resolution 1080 huge. ( 1600x1200 is not enough resoluotion for 1080p fyi )
Last edited by Chreestopher on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Postby MeanderingMouse » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:20 pm

Are you talking about JUST the HD content? Isn't there a limit on what the Ipod can handle? I'm not a video guru of any sorts so that's why I'm askin.
MeanderingMouse
Meandering Samurai

Postby Chreestopher » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:27 pm

With the ipod there is a specific setting that refers to the amount of encoding blocks (chunks of pixels) that it can handle. so there is a little play on what will play on the iSchmod but it is kind of locked in. I am also tring to determine the largest size that the ipod can handle.

So I am just talking about the HD version
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby JohnDUB » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:25 am

I'd love to see a 1080i or even a 720p but I don't mind the current size. The bigger the size the more memory it takes up on my PowerBook. :/
For some cool mixes checkout DJ Z-Trip.com, everything from Classic Rock to Hip-Hop all blended together!

Visit me at: MySpace.com/JohnDUB
JohnDUB
DPN Deputy

Postby tvkirby » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:46 am

I don't have an iPod, so that is not a factor. I watch the videos on my various PCs.

I subscribed to the HD version long enough to realize that none of my 5 PCs at home is modern (i.e. fast) enough to handle it. The older, non HD version of the Big D is fine for me and I hope you continue to provide it. I use the VLC media player http://www.videolan.org to play it (iTunes does not like video on older PCs) and set it to play full screen and it looks great.
TVKirby
Disney Theme Parks Related TV
http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv
tvkirby
Meandering Moose

Postby Chreestopher » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:06 am

I will always support the ipod version it is kind of the de-facto standard I plan to keep.

glad you are enjoying the podcast tvkirby.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby Barb » Mon May 21, 2007 2:24 am

Chris,
I subscribe to the HD version, though I did download 1-6 onto my iPod after discussing it with you at Mousfest! I'm happy with whatever size vidcast you've been doing! Our monitor is the size that take the 1920 X 1080 (or is it 1200??).
Barb in FL
Barb
Meandering Mouseketeer

Location: Brevard County-about 1 hour away from the WDW Bubble!

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 am

720p would be grrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
Burnt Toast
I Reject Your Reality and Substitute It With My Own!
Burnt Toast
Disney Cast Member

Re:

Postby steafan » Mon May 21, 2007 1:06 pm

Barb wrote:Chris,
I subscribe to the HD version, though I did download 1-6 onto my iPod after discussing it with you at Mousfest! I'm happy with whatever size vidcast you've been doing! Our monitor is the size that take the 1920 X 1080 (or is it 1200??).
Chris/Barb: Our monitor is 1680 x 1050
steafan
Meandering Manatee

Postby MattfromPA » Mon May 21, 2007 2:37 pm

Keep the Big D big!
"Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do it’s the child in us we really value."
http://twitter.com/mattfrompa
MattfromPA
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby Barb » Wed May 30, 2007 3:22 am

Chris,
I have subscribed to both sizes now, Steven wanted to watch them on our Ipods!!!I like Maelstrom on both the Ipod and computer size!!
Barb in FL
Barb
Meandering Mouseketeer

Location: Brevard County-about 1 hour away from the WDW Bubble!

Re: What size do you want your Big D video

Postby michaelsmusicservice » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 pm

Howdy. I like 720p for video netcasts. It looks good on a computer screen and scales very nicely when shown on an HD TV monitor.

After finding Big D from the promo from Brad's BDH, I began to check out BigD from your website. Your download method is excellent. Parallel downloads without undue bandwidth choking, easy, reliable -- are you the head of an IT department? <g>

Anyway, I made a selection of BigD episodes, before and after "HD," and showed them on an 60" HD adjusted for warm color, realistic contrast, low ambient light, and 7.1 surround with 2 subwoofers. I showed these to some people who do not use computers and have no interest in learning. They were mesmerized by the images and sound. They either remembered visits or said out loud, "So this is what it's like!"

You realize that your digital camcorder picks up the really low frequencies like the coaster rail noise, right? The effect is not like the out-of-proportion sounds such as what you might hear on a documentary about coasters but a subtle, believable rumble that reminds you of a visit.

I admire your obvious commitment to quality in production and in content. Between you and Brad, I find that it helps bridge the gap between long cross-country drives to Disneyland. Thanks for your efforts, and I plan to subscride to BigD on iTunes right now.

Cheers!
Michael
michaelsmusicservice
Meandering Moose

Return to The Big D Video Podcast & Single Rider Podcast