It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 am

Text Size

Big D on DVD

Talk about anything related to the Big D Video Podcast Episode & Single Rider Podcast here, ehh?

Moderators: AaronsPod, Mike, JohnDUB, Chreestopher, Mr. Mark

Big D on DVD

Postby JoelApp » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:27 pm

Have you given thought to putting these on DVD or do you already? And if not, do you object to us doing so? (if I can figure out how?)

Love the cast.

:clap:
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.
~ Walt Disney

WDW - 10/13 to 10/21/07 - FW, 6/29/08 to 7/5/08 - FW, 8/23 to 8/30/08 - Riverside
JoelApp
Meandering Mango

Postby Chreestopher » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:17 am

first off I can't stop you from putting the shows on dvd for your own personal use and I don't have a problem with that. Now if you were selling them that is a whole different ball of wax.

I have been thinking of doing a DVD or two but I would want the content to be a little different than the episode content. I am not sure if selling material that is already freely available will go over well.

What I think might really make the decision for me to start doing dvd's how many people would actually buy a Big D dvd?
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Postby JoelApp » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:24 pm

I think it is entirely possible that you could sell dvd's! Others are doing so and your content is comparable if not better. I absolutely have no desire to sell any dvd I would make and will not do so.

Keep up the good work.
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.
~ Walt Disney

WDW - 10/13 to 10/21/07 - FW, 6/29/08 to 7/5/08 - FW, 8/23 to 8/30/08 - Riverside
JoelApp
Meandering Mango

Re:

Postby windowtothemagicmobile » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:52 pm

Chreestopher wrote:What I think might really make the decision for me to start doing dvd's how many people would actually buy a Big D dvd?

You would be surprised.

I say go for it.
--
Paul Barrie

"oderint dum metuant"
windowtothemagicmobile
Meandering Mobile Phone

Postby Captain barbossa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:42 pm

I got to most certainly agree. Make dvds. :thumbsup: I'll eventually buy one.
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.” —Walt Disney

Meandro sopra!
Captain barbossa
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby HarmonyBelle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:09 pm

A dvd series of VS. episodes would be a great buy.
*•*CHERIE*•*

HarmonyBelle
Meandering Mouseketeer

Re:

Postby Captain barbossa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:11 pm

I agree with that.
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.” —Walt Disney

Meandro sopra!
Captain barbossa
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby dizpoddir » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 am

I would buy \"Versus\" DVDs as well. I have bought DVDs from other podcasters on the DPN (cough bringing Disneyland home cough)

Even though I have DVD burner and DVD video editing software I don't have the time. And even though I can download stuff from online and watch it on my computer, it is nice to just throw in a DVD and watch it on TV and having the DVDs are the easiest way to do it (until I buy soem kind of media connector device)

Mike
MikeScott8
Mike Hamilton
WDWMaps.net
Disney Podcast Directory
dizpoddir
Meandering Muffin

Postby Chreestopher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:37 pm

Well thanks for the input I will definitely take it into consideration.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Postby Allegedly Mrs. Sparrow » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:32 pm

i agree with everyone else. I have a dvd burner but dont have the time or desire to already burn it. it would save allot of lost resolution when i hook up my ipod to my tv for a tbd marathon...
Trips: none for now
im not going to lie jack sparrow has pillaged my heart and looted my booty arrr!!!
i live at disneyland,...i wish i were joking lol
Allegedly Mrs. Sparrow
Meandering Muppet

Re: Big D on DVD

Postby IntotheBubble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:05 am

Chreestopher wrote:first off I can't stop you from putting the shows on dvd for your own personal use and I don't have a problem with that. Now if you were selling them that is a whole different ball of wax.

I have been thinking of doing a DVD or two but I would want the content to be a little different than the episode content. I am not sure if selling material that is already freely available will go over well.

What I think might really make the decision for me to start doing dvd's how many people would actually buy a Big D dvd?

I would buy EVERY SINGLE CRAZY DVD you make. you should also make AVCHD DVD or Bluray. I agree that the original episodes wouldnt sell very well. If you make like exclusive episodes on dvd they would sell like mickey mouse pancakes. I think a good idea would be to make a movie about the transformation of DCA since you have some footage of before construction began.

anyways, keep up with the podcast its by far my favorite.
IntotheBubble
Meandering Monkey

Return to The Big D Video Podcast & Single Rider Podcast