It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 am

Text Size

TBD - Episode 32 Wet'n Wild at Kali River Rapids

Talk about anything related to the Big D Video Podcast Episode & Single Rider Podcast here, ehh?

Moderators: AaronsPod, Mike, JohnDUB, Chreestopher, Mr. Mark

Re: TBD - Episode 32 Wet'n Wild at Kali River Rapids

Postby disnyfreek » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:15 pm

Dude! I watched it within a week of release!!!!! :-D

Great show. Is that music that you played from an Animal Kingdom BGM track? Definitely was a good choice to play in an otherwise bland auditory ride.

Loved the clip at the end. Too funny!

I also liked the combining of the footage..pretty neat.

Keep it up!
Keegan
Follow my dysfunctional SuperFamily and me, Your Friendly Neighborhood Disney Geek around the Disney parks on:
The Adventures of a Teenage Disney Geek podcast

Available on iTunes or from
http://www.teenagedisneygeek.com
disnyfreek
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby willful » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Geez. I feel like all I can say is "ditto" to all the comments. :lol:

We watched it last night. (Didn't want you to "really have to question [my] commitment to all this!" ROTFLMAO )

Excellent!! :clap: Excellent!! :jump:

Can't wait to hear the director's commentary for this during the SR podcast...I did read correctly that's the subject of the next SR, right? Cool!!

Keep up the FANTASTIC work, Chris!! :2thumbs:
- Will

The Magic Never Ends Podcast
Embrace the Magic
WOO HOO!
www.magicneverends.com

Call the MNE Voice Mail Line at 407-479-8MNE
(407-479-8663)

Follow me on Twitter at Twitter.com/MagicNeverEnds
View My Flickr Photostream
willful
Meandering Samurai

Postby Chreestopher » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Mr.Mark Thanks on hind site I should have just went for it during September it rained daily and later that day we got drenched riding everest int he rain. That kid was funny I can't watch that part with out smiling.

gad you liked it.

Keegan I have temporarily stopped questioning you r commitment to this .... but that can change!

glad you like the music I was looking for some stuff and stumbled across it thanks to Art's extensive Animal Kingdom collection of music.

Thanks Will your current level of commitment is satisfactory. :)
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Postby willful » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Chreestopher wrote:Thanks Will your current level of commitment is satisfactory. :)

:( :( :(

- Will

Embrace the Magic
WOO HOO!
www.magicneverends.com

(407-479-8663)

willful
Meandering Samurai

Postby JohnDUB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 pm

willful wrote:
Chreestopher wrote:Thanks Will your current level of commitment is satisfactory. :)

:( :( :(

I say Will's commitment is C- at best. With all that energy, you should be able to devote 18+ hours to the shows. :D
For some cool mixes checkout DJ Z-Trip.com, everything from Classic Rock to Hip-Hop all blended together!

Visit me at: MySpace.com/JohnDUB
JohnDUB
DPN Deputy

Postby willful » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:44 pm

JohnDUB wrote:I say Will's commitment is C- at best. With all that energy, you should be able to devote 18+ hours to the shows. :D

I've just received my shipment of ROCKSTAR and I've got some shots of espresso so I'm ready!
ImageImage
- Will

Embrace the Magic
WOO HOO!
www.magicneverends.com

(407-479-8663)

willful
Meandering Samurai

Postby disnyfreek » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:57 pm

*sings to tune of "na-na-na-na boo-boo* My commitment level is higher than Wiiillll'ssss :p
Although I don't know since Chris recently questioned my commitment after releasing my show almost two days late this week.
But Will only releases a show once every two or three weeks or so :D
Chris, you be the judge.
Not to put you on the spot or anything :wink:
Keegan
Follow my dysfunctional SuperFamily and me, Your Friendly Neighborhood Disney Geek around the Disney parks on:

disnyfreek
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby MeanderingMouse » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:12 pm

I've never been on Kali nor have I seen the Q. Therefore, this was a treat. The ride looks sorta plain though...not my speed. It was still getting to ride it without getting wet :thumbsup: "Who's idea was this?" "Dumb ass!" :D
~*~Jeff From Houston~*~ MEANDER ON!
Founder of The Disney Podcast Network
Host of The Meandering Mouse Podcast

BE A TRAVELER! NOT A TOURIST!
MeanderingMouse
Meandering Samurai

Postby Chreestopher » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:19 pm

I would agree Kali is half the ride that Grizzly river run is although the Kali drop is longer than Grizzly's is. The theming is better on grizzly too IMHO. there really isn't much for obvious story telling that I saw on either attraction. Why is the top of the KR drop all burnt up and the truck that is almost in the water? I just don't get what they are trying to get across. Where at GRR is more about floating through the Sierras and enjoying the fun of out door adventure sports.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby disnyfreek » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Chreestopher wrote:I would agree Kali is half the ride that Grizzly river run is although the Kali drop is longer than Grizzly's is. The theming is better on grizzly too IMHO. there really isn't much for obvious story telling that I saw on either attraction. Why is the top of the KR drop all burnt up and the truck that is almost in the water? I just don't get what they are trying to get across. Where at GRR is more about floating through the Sierras and enjoying the fun of out door adventure sports.

I think that if you take the time to go through the queue of Kali and the TV's that give the backstory are actually on you can grasp the concept of the truck and the fire. It's all a big conservation message. It's all about saving the forests and stuff like that. I guess I can't really go into much more detail though... since I just realized I don't know much more than that either :???:
Keegan

disnyfreek
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby TiggerRPh » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:36 am

Chreestopher wrote:I would agree Kali is half the ride that Grizzly river run is although the Kali drop is longer than Grizzly's is. The theming is better on grizzly too IMHO. there really isn't much for obvious story telling that I saw on either attraction. Why is the top of the KR drop all burnt up and the truck that is almost in the water? I just don't get what they are trying to get across. Where at GRR is more about floating through the Sierras and enjoying the fun of out door adventure sports.

Grizzly is themed so much better than Kali.
Ray
DVC Member - Old Key West -- Since 1995

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." Walt Disney

The Travelears Podcast
TiggerRPh
Head DPN Disney News Reporter

Postby HarmonyBelle » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:01 am

disnyfreek wrote:
Chreestopher wrote:The theming is better on grizzly too IMHO. there really isn't much for obvious story telling that I saw on either attraction. Why is the top of the KR drop all burnt up and the truck that is almost in the water? I just don't get what they are trying to get across. Where at GRR is more about floating through the Sierras and enjoying the fun of out door adventure sports.

It's all a big conservation message. It's all about saving the forests and stuff like that.

ThAt's the messAge I took AwAy from your video......And I've never been to AnimAl Kingdom. :wink:

I thought the theming wAs very beAutiful =) I loved the steAm (of the jungle) effect, And All the trees/foliAge.
*•*CHERIE*•*

HarmonyBelle
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby JLBanker » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:35 pm

I haven't been watching too many vid casts lately but I think I am going to catch up on yours. It will be nice seeing video of what WDW looks like and how I can see what everyone talks about on WDW themed podcasts. I am working backwards and this is the first in a long time.

Interesting ride. I think the theming makes a huge difference. I like the DCA equivalent but I think this one looks much more fun with the extra show elements.
Josh
JLBanker
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby Lorien » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:35 pm

I am so excited, I can FINALLY watch video podcasts! We just got Apple TV! :jump: I never even used to download video podcasts before because they take up too much memory. No room on the computer at home or at work (I could tell when my computer suddenly slowed to a crawl at work if I accidentally downloaded a video podcast. NOT good!), and certainly no room for video on my ipod. So now, finally, I can enjoy these on a nice, big, tv screen. :-D

Really enjoyed this episode. I have never been to Kali or Grizzly, and probably won't because I don't like walking around the park soaking wet. So it was nice to see this footage.

Cherie, this gives a good indication on how well the Animal Kingdom is themed--the whole park has really cool little touches like what you see in this queue. And if the single rider queue here is anything like the single rider queue for Everest, the regular queue is MUCH more themed. The AK is really not to be missed, for just this reason.
Go to http://www.thehungersite.com and click every day to give free food!
Lorien
DPN Island Queen

Postby Chreestopher » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:17 pm

w00t! For the appletv I love mine. I loaded it up with videos took it over to My parents place and we all sat around watching ride throughs and then all the watching all video podcasts on the couch is great too.

Glad you enjoyed the episode Auntie Lo it's great knowing you are now watching the shows.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby Lorien » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Yes, Apple TV is so frikkin brilliant, isn't it?

So nice now to be able to enjoy all the hard work of the video podcasters! :clap: :thumbsup:
Go to http://www.thehungersite.com and click every day to give free food!
Lorien
DPN Island Queen

Postby Mr Lightfoot » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Great job on...editing this one. lol! :wink: And to the people who submitted the videos, great job.

I've always been afraid to take my Video Camcorder on ANY water ride because i'm afraid the water would get into the camera and ruin it.

Thanks again!
Daniel Lightfoot
Videographer #3

AWindowtotheMagic.com Podcast
Surround Yourself With The Magic!
Mr Lightfoot
Hi! I'm new around here.

Postby Mr. Mark » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Mr Lightfoot wrote:Great job on...editing this one. lol! :wink: And to the people who submitted the videos, great job.

I've always been afraid to take my Video Camcorder on ANY water ride because i'm afraid the water would get into the camera and ruin it.

Thanks again!

It's amazing what you can do with a Ziplock bag! Just seal it up and pull it tight around the lens, stretching the plastic so the wrinkles go away. It looks odd, but it works!
~Mr. Mark
Host of:
Call the IDPN Comment Line! (484)933-5408
Mr. Mark
DPN Deputy

Postby Chreestopher » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks Daniel Matty provided great footage for me to use.

Yup Mr.Mark is right that is basically what I did. My wide lens was the only thing protruding out of the bag.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Previous

Return to The Big D Video Podcast & Single Rider Podcast