It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Text Size

Single Rider 005 - Rancho Del Zocalo food Review

Talk about anything related to the Big D Video Podcast Episode & Single Rider Podcast here, ehh?

Moderators: AaronsPod, Mike, JohnDUB, Chreestopher, Mr. Mark

Single Rider 005 - Rancho Del Zocalo food Review

Postby Chreestopher » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 am

Join the Magic Never Ends crew, AussieJohn and Myself as we do an in park live at the table food review of the Rancho Del Zocalo Restaurant in Fronteirland at Disneyland with special Guest Appearance By Shaft from Micecast.

I don't want to make a big deal about this but it might be the first appearance of shaft on any other Disney Podcast. I know there have been a the odd ... "I think that was him" moment but this will be his first real appearance.

I have also added the Daniel Powter song "The World You Dreamed" performed live in Disneyland back in 2006. I have video of the recording in episode 15 of the Big D Podcast.

Enjoy the review.

Episode is posted!
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Re: Single Rider 005 - Rancho Del Zocalo food Review

Postby WEDWay » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:49 am

Looking forward to this new show. I like Rancho Del Zocalo and it seems to be a great podcaster's roundtable recording area.
WEDWay
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby Pixiegiggles » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:04 am

great show as always Chris...the Rancho is the bomb!!
~PG~Image DPN Party Girl
Pixiegiggles
Meandering Mannequin

Postby JohnDUB » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Pixiegiggles wrote:great show as always Chris...the Rancho is the bomb!!

Is this a reference of the food making it's way through the system? :shocked: J/K I enjoy this place as long as I get an AP discount, seems a lil pricey for a yocal. I'd just drive down to Alberto's and get a huge 1lb. burrito. But if I don't want to leave the parks and I'm tired of burgers & ribs... this is a lovely and surprising quiet place for it's location.
For some cool mixes checkout DJ Z-Trip.com, everything from Classic Rock to Hip-Hop all blended together!

Visit me at: MySpace.com/JohnDUB
JohnDUB
DPN Deputy

Postby Chreestopher » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:28 pm

Pixiegiggles wrote:great show as always Chris...the Rancho is the bomb!!

Thanks I really enjoy the place.

I would agree with JohnDUB if you are local this would probably not be the place to go since you can get genuine mexican food. But for those of us that are looking for better than Taco bell ( cause that is pretty much the cream del cream of mexican up here ) it a great alternative to the burgers and chicken fingers.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby HarmonyBelle » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 am

I have yet to eat at Rancho Del Zocalo but, with all these positive reviews.....I must a point to do so!

Another enjoyable show, Chris :)
*•*CHERIE*•*

HarmonyBelle
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby TiggerRPh » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:06 am

Another great show Chris...it has to be if Shaft make an appearance....right?

:-D

The time we went to DL in 2005 we skipped it....next trip, we'll have to give it a try.
Ray
DVC Member - Old Key West -- Since 1995

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." Walt Disney

The Travelears Podcast
TiggerRPh
Head DPN Disney News Reporter

Postby Chreestopher » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks Cherie and Ray.

I am glad to hear that after MNE and this show you are going to consider going to RDZ. It really is one of my favorites.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby JohnDUB » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Yes, you guys have to give it a try, it beats the chicken fingers and burgers. Unless you like burgers, but the serving size is great especially at the price. You should be well fed, I say look at the menu and tell me you're not hungry:

Citrus Fire-Grilled Chicken -- 1/2 Chicken, seasoned in a savory marinade of cumin, garlic, cilantro, lemon & lime.

Red Chile Enchilada Platter -- Four Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile sauce.

Carne Asada & Red Chile Enchilada Platter -- Succulent Beef cooked to perfection served with two Cheese Enchiladas.

Soft Tacos Monterrey -- "Fajita Style" Beef, Chicken, or Vegetables, topped with Cheese and served in Flour Tortillas.

Burrito Sonora -- "Fajita Style" Beef, Chicken or Vegetables plus Refried Bean and Cheese. Wrapped in a Flour Tortilla and topped with a traditional Guajillo Sauce.

All of the above Platters include Mexican Rice and Refried Beans. Sauteed Vegetables may be substituted for Rice and Beans.
Crispy Chips con Limon --- Add a side of Salsa

Tortilla Soup

Tostada Salad -- "Fajita Style" Beef, Chicken or Vegetables presented in a Crispy Tortilla Shell with Refried Beans, Chopped Lettuce topped with Cheddar and Jack Cheese.

Hacienda Chicken Caesar Salad -- Grilled Chicken Breast, Romaine lettuce, Red Bell Peppers, Cotija Cheese, tossed with our own zesty Pepitas Caesar dressing and topped with crisp Tortilla Strips.

Child's Menu

Bean and Cheese Burrito -or- Chicken Taco -- Served with rice, fruit cup, a fun straw and choice of Low-fat milk, Low-fat chocolate milk, juice or small bottled water.
sodas available upon request

Toddler Menu

Arroz con Pollo - Chicken & rice with smooth applesauce and small Low-fat milk.

Desserts

Fresh Tropical Fruit
Tres Leches Cake
Chocolate Praline Cake
Coconut Flan

I can't believe you never been here HB! And I thought you were a real DF :lol: :p
For some cool mixes checkout DJ Z-Trip.com, everything from Classic Rock to Hip-Hop all blended together!

Visit me at: MySpace.com/JohnDUB
JohnDUB
DPN Deputy

Postby HarmonyBelle » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:05 am

JohnDUB wrote:I can't believe you never been here HB! And I thought you were a real DF :lol: :p

You see, I'm not a DF at all!

When I go to Disney, I'm usually on a shoe string budget. I cannot afford to spend even $10 on a meal. I'm usually going to the Subway down S.Harbor or the TB in the opposite direction.

Yes, it's sad.....I barely know the first thing about Disney dining. :(

I just started eating "in Park" food after meeting up with you lot on The DPN. :wink:
*•*CHERIE*•*

HarmonyBelle
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby Lou » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:59 am

Fun show brah!

I went here with Brad during W-Fest- he suggested it, and I really dug it, alot. I'd eat there again in a minute. I had the Taco Salad, and it rocked.

Not sure if I told you this Chris...but I love your in park food reviews man. :thumbsup:
Now The Plaza or whatever place it was at the end of Main street....I got the Fried Chicken there, and wasn't impressed. That place too, was on the suggestion of Brad.
LOU
Co-Host; BMS Vidcast
Host; In Your Ears Experience

STALK me on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/bmslou
NOW On Plurk: BMSLOU
Image Image
Lou
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby TEXAG » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:06 pm

that was a really great show, I don't think I have ever listened to a live food review before. Now I'm really looking excited to future reviews. Good Job!!! :clap:
You can't buy the memories you get from Walt Disney World... for everything else their is your parent's credit card!!!

Thanks and Gig 'Em!!!
TEXAG
Meandering Mango

Postby Chreestopher » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:09 pm

@ Lou thanks! it's fun hanging with friends breaking bread and enjoying the parks together.

@TEXAG I am glad you are liking the shows Greg at Imagineering My way did shows similar to these last September from WDW and I loved the idea so I incorporated into part of the Single Rider.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher

Postby AussieJohn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Great show Chris, and it was fantastic to relieve one of Westfests highlights with good friends.

I loved this place and this lunch with you, Will, Shannon and Shaft was one of the many highlights of my trip to Disneyland.

:thumbsup:

AJ
Editor & Webmaster of the Disney Traveller Website & Travel Blog: http://disneytraveller.com/

Owner of Disney Vacations Australia http://disneyvacationsaustralia.com
AussieJohn
Director of DPN Marketing

Postby aztrainer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:43 am

Chreestopher wrote:I would agree with JohnDUB if you are local this would probably not be the place to go since you can get genuine mexican food. But for those of us that are looking for better than Taco bell ( cause that is pretty much the cream del cream of mexican up here ) it a great alternative to the burgers and chicken fingers.

While it is a good alternative, I would have to agree with JohnDUB. Being from AZ and knowing good and real Mexican food. I would not choose the ranch for anything more than a high priced Del Taco or Taco Bell.

They do have good Cinnamon/Sugar tortilla chips :clap: too bad they do not have any honey as it would be like a Sopapia.
Scot
Do or do not, There is no try.
I find your lack of faith disturbing

:pirate1: :pirate4: ::pirate6:
aztrainer
Meandering Madhatter

Return to The Big D Video Podcast & Single Rider Podcast