It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:56 am

Text Size

when's the next big d?

Talk about anything related to the Big D Video Podcast Episode & Single Rider Podcast here, ehh?

Moderators: AaronsPod, Mike, JohnDUB, Chreestopher, Mr. Mark

when's the next big d?

Postby disney3927 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey Chris you're doing a great job with the big d, single rider, and the travelears. when's the next big d?
Jason
Host of A Disney Freak's Daring Journeys vidcast
disneyfreak71@gmail.com
View Website by clicking [url]here[/url]
disney3927
Meandering Mullet

Re: when's the next big d?

Postby Chreestopher » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:05 pm

not quite sure right now my external hard drive bricked on me and it had all my recent stuff and the episode I was almost finished editing. Hopefully soon.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Postby mouselounge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Chreestopher wrote:not quite sure right now my external hard drive bricked

Bricked?
mouselounge
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby Lazylaces » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Bricked refers to ANY hardware that is unable to start up due to bad software; Usually because of a bad software flash, a modification done improperly, loss of necessary files, being overheated from overclocking or overuse if the item is a lemon, a short-ciruiting, or a trojan that deletes necessary files for a few exaples.
Chris (male)
And I have a podcast where I interview podcasters. Paradoxy, huh?
Check out my blog!
Poster of the "Funniest thing said on the forums" for January 21st, 2009.
Lazylaces
Meandering Mullet

Postby Chreestopher » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:50 am

Seagate has had some faulty firmware for their 7200.11 drives and they are failing at a staggering rate. I was lucky enough to have purchased one of those drives, tried updating the firm ware but nada. I qualify for a replacement via warranty but the data is unretrievable ( unless I want to spend upwards of $1600 ). There was some stuff I would like back but not for that money. I now have a Drobo with some new drives ( non seagate ) that cost me almost a second mortgage ( or at least a payment ) and will be starting the episode that I had pretty much finished over again. also redo any video assets I have lost.

so that is the "bricked" story and hopefully soon I will have episodes rolling out again.
Chris@thebigdpodcast.com
Chreestopher
DPN Vidcaster and Head Website Imagineer

Postby Captain barbossa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:14 am

Does seagate run on Macs or Windows PC? I never heard of seagate and I am not too familiar with PCs. If there is anything you need help with, let me know. Hope it gets fixed. :/
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.” —Walt Disney

Meandro sopra!
Captain barbossa
Meandering Mouseketeer

Postby JohnDUB » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Poor Christopher, the wonderful life of external hard drive technology. I guess you'll have to reimport all that footage... have fun with that! Speaking of which, I guess I should've labeled those tapes before... I guess I'll get started on that today.
For some cool mixes checkout DJ Z-Trip.com, everything from Classic Rock to Hip-Hop all blended together!

Visit me at: MySpace.com/JohnDUB
JohnDUB
DPN Deputy

Postby aztrainer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Chreestopher wrote:not quite sure right now my external hard drive bricked on me and it had all my recent stuff and the episode I was almost finished editing. Hopefully soon.

I know your pain as my PC did the same thing....I had to reformat before anything was backed up, but thank GOD that I have most of the documents and stuff on my laptop.

Captain barbossa wrote:Does seagate run on Macs or Windows PC? I never heard of seagate and I am not too familiar with PCs. If there is anything you need help with, let me know. Hope it gets fixed. :/

They are mostly PC and they are trying to give Western Digital a run for their money, but (as Chris found out) they are not up there. After the last indecent with my computer and spending the better part of two days reconstructing it I went and got a 1TB western digital external hard drive with estat and firewire connection. I paid more for it than a Seagate that was 1.5 TB due to reviews.

Oh, I also use 250GB Western Digital Pocket drives and they are very solid and I have not had a problem with them at all. I keep all of my videos for school on them rather than the HD of my computer as well as a back-up for all of my music.
Scot
Do or do not, There is no try.
I find your lack of faith disturbing

:pirate1: :pirate4: ::pirate6:
aztrainer
Meandering Madhatter

Return to The Big D Video Podcast & Single Rider Podcast